Are you new to the tourism industry, or looking for a refresher on the who’s who in tourism? The Tourism Boost workshop gives a thorough introduction to the often complex tourism industry! In this workshop, understand how your business fits into the broader tourism industry and how to actively become part of the network, and discover the essential elements and top tips to help you promote your tourism business and attract more customers.
Standard topics covered in the workshop include:
- The broader tourism industry;
- Who’s who in the tourism Industry?;
- Tourism accreditation;
- Western Australian Tourism Awards;
- Your target markets;
- Your elevator pitch;
- Make your brochure leap off the rack;
- Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW);
- Working with industry associations and government agencies;
- Tourism distribution;
- Industry rates and commissions;
- Tourism trade and consumer shows;
- Tourism industry research; and
- Tourism subscriptions.
ABOUT THE TRAINER – JULIA TOLJ
Julia joined Tourism Council WA in 2013, with many years experience in the tourism and hospitality industry. Primarily in sales and marketing within hotels, her previous employers include Accor and Intercontinental Hotels in Perth and Sydney. She has most recently spent several years lecturing in Tourism and Events at Central Institute of Technology. Julia co-ordinates the industry development training workshop program for Tourism Council WA, and delivers a range of workshops designed to assist development of tourism businesses throughout metro and regional WA.
Supported by Royalties for Regions.
- Jul 25, 2018
- 13:30 - 17:30
Four Points by Sheraton
707 Wellington StreetPerth WA 6000Australia
- REGISTRATION DATE: (Open - Close)
- Jun 27, 2018 - Jul 19, 2018