Visitor Centre Accreditation
The Visitor Centre Accreditation Program raises the standards of information services. Visitor Centres that display the yellow on blue italicised ‘i’ sign have achieved certain quality standards in their service provision and operational systems.
The yellow and blue ‘i’ sign has been trademarked on the provision that it represents these standards, hence distinguishing it from the existing blue and white ‘i’ sign.
Visitor Centre Accreditation Standards
The standards to be an accredited WA Visitor Centre include:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professionally trained staff.
- Information on local road and transport options.
- Information on attractions, events, retail outlets, restaurants, local services, accommodation and tours.
- Maps & directional and visitor safety information.
- Services for visitors such as onsite public toilets.
A detailed list of the requirements for Visitor Centre accreditation can be found here.
Visitor Centre Accreditation Benefits
Accredited Visitor Centres will benefit from the following:
- Use of the yellow and blue ‘i’ sign trademark at point of business and on all promotional and advertising material.
- Listing as an Accredited Visitor Centre on key consumer websites including westernaustralia.com, trustthetickwa.com.au, Visitor Centres WA and WA’s five RTO’s consumer websites in Western Australia.
- Support through state and national marketing activities & campaigns, encouraging travellers to visit an Accredited Visitor Centre.
How to Apply
Businesses accredited by the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program automatically meet the required tourism business standards and only need to be assessed for the Visitor Centre Accreditation Program standards.
To be assessed, simply contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or email email@example.com and the team will assist you through the Visitor Centre Accreditation Program.
If you are not already an accredited tourism business you can also submit an ATAP Registration Form and complete your Australian Tourism Accreditation Program and Visitor Centre Accreditation Program Accreditation together.
WA Visitor Centre Accreditation fee is an additional $239 per Visitor Centre. The fee is per financial year, payable with your tourism accreditation invoice.
For further information about the Visitor Centre Accreditation please contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.