The Visitor Centre Accreditation Program raises the standards of information services. Visitor Centres that display the yellow on blue italicised ‘i’ sign have achieved certain quality standards in their service provision and operational systems.
The yellow and blue ‘i’ sign has been trademarked on the provision that it represents these standards, hence distinguishing it from the existing blue and white ‘i’ sign.
Visitor Centre Accreditation Standards
The standards to be an accredited WA Visitor Centre include:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professionally trained staff.
- Information on local road and transport options.
- Information on attractions, events, retail outlets, restaurants, local services, accommodation and tours.
- Maps, directional and visitor safety information.
- Services for visitors such as onsite public toilets.
A detailed list of the requirements for Visitor Centre accreditation can be found here.
Visitor Centre Accreditation Benefits
Accredited Visitor Centres will benefit from the following:
- Use of the yellow and blue ‘i’ sign trademark at point of business and on all promotional and advertising material.
- Listing as an Accredited Visitor Centre on key consumer websites including westernaustralia.com, holidayinwa.com.au, Visitor Centres WA and WA’s five RTO’s consumer websites in Western Australia.
- Support through state and national marketing activities and campaigns, encouraging travellers to visit an Accredited Visitor Centre.
How to Apply
A Quality Tourism Accredited Business automatically meets the required tourism business standards and only needs to be assessed for the Visitor Centre Accreditation Program standards.
To be assessed, simply contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or send us an email and the team will assist you through the Visitor Centre Accreditation Program.
If you are not already a Quality Tourism Accredited Business, you can complete your accreditation under the Quality Tourism Framework and Visitor Centre Accreditation Program together.
Additional annual fees apply for Accredited Visitor Centres. For further information about Visitor Centre Accreditation please contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or send us an email.