This workshop is suited to all tourism operators interested in targeting domestic visitors.
Did you know that even prior to COVID-19, the domestic market was Western Australia’s largest source of visitation?
This workshop will discuss key target segments and look at the benefits of online distribution, packaging and collaboration to ensure your product is not just highly visible but also enticing to the intrastate market.
Topics will include:
- Key research and insights about Domestic travel around Australia
- Western Australia’s intrastate visitors. Who are they? Where do they travel to? What are their top motivations to travel?
- Intrastate visitation within your region/town
- Visitation from other States and Territories
- The value of working with key stakeholders
- Tailoring your product to suit the domestic visitor
- The importance of online and offline distribution
- Packaging and bundling your products to showcase your destination
ABOUT THE TRAINER - KAREN PRIEST
Karen Priest’s extensive career spans 30 years' in the tourism and hospitality sector in the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Western Australia. She has served on several tourism industry boards and committees, including Tourism Council Western Australia (TCWA), and is known for developing and implementing strong growth strategies using her effective leadership, sales, marketing, communication and presentation skills.
Karen is the Principal of Smart Tourism, a boutique marketing consultancy which provides strategic solutions and advice to the tourism industry. She has an extensive hotel management background and gained significant destination marketing and management experience working in senior roles with various regional, state and national tourism agencies.