This is an entry-level workshop for participants with basic knowledge of social media.
Using social media is one of the most important ways to promote your business, and an active, optimised online presence is vital. This workshop will cover an overall strategy for using social media and then dive deeper into platform-specific content to ensure you are making the most of social media without spending all your time doing it.
Topics will include:
- Identifying your key messages and audiences on social media
- Understanding the different types of content (e.g. promotional, informational, brand-building)
- Knowing how social media algorithms work and what this means for you
- Optimising a Facebook business page, and understanding what to post and when
- Ensuring your Instagram profile is optimised, and creating a content strategy
- Learning about tools you can use to schedule posts on Facebook and Instagram
- An overview of Pinterest and LinkedIn and how they can be used to promote your business
- Creating a content calendar for your social media strategy
ABOUT THE TRAINER - KAREN PRIEST
Karen Priest’s extensive career spans 30 years' in the tourism and hospitality sector in the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Western Australia. She has served on several tourism industry boards and committees, including Tourism Council Western Australia (TCWA), and is known for developing and implementing strong growth strategies using her effective leadership, sales, marketing, communication and presentation skills.
Karen is the Principal of Smart Tourism, a boutique marketing consultancy which provides strategic solutions and advice to the tourism industry. She has an extensive hotel management background and gained significant destination marketing and management experience working in senior roles with various regional, state and national tourism agencies.
With her passion for tourism marketing and helping businesses succeed she is highly regarded by the industry as a specialist in her field.