This is an entry-level workshop ideal for those who are new to the industry, or those who want a refresher about the broader industry and key ways in which they can utilise the network to promote and grow their business.
The tourism industry in Western Australia can be hard to get your head around, with more acronyms than you can shake a stick at. Do you know your TCWA from your TWA? How about your RTO from your ITO? And what can each of them do for your business?
This workshop gives you an introduction to the often-complex tourism industry, so you know exactly where your business sits and how to maximise your networks. Having a more in-depth understanding of the tourism eco-system means you will have the tools needed to utilise your networks and contacts to help promote your business and attract more customers.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- An overview of the tourism industry
- Who is who in the tourism industry
- Tourism accreditation
- Western Australian Tourism Awards
- Your target markets
- Your elevator pitch
- How to make your brochure leap off the rack
- Australian Tourism Data Warehouse
- Working with industry associations and government agencies
- Tourism distribution
- Industry rates and commissions
- Tourism trade and consumer shows
- Tourism industry research
To register for an upcoming Tourism Fundamentals workshop, click here.
If you would like to arrange a workshop for your business or destination contact Tourism Council WA on 9416 0700.