Western Australia is leading the way as a sustainable tourism destination with more than 1,200 businesses throughout the State having achieved Sustainable Tourism Accreditation.
Sustainable Tourism Accreditation
Sustainable Tourism Accreditation guides businesses to create high-quality, engaging and memorable visitor experiences that address the global demand for sustainable tourism.
The accreditation embraces the best practice standards for tourism businesses across all aspects of sustainable tourism operations, including:
Benefits of the Sustainable Tourism Accreditation
- Licence to use the Sustainable Tourism Accredited Business logo, empowering visitors to travel in a sustainable way.
- Be promoted on the State’s westernaustralia.com tourism website as a sustainable tourism business.
- Complimentary access to Sustainable Tourism Accreditation program and on-site visits for Tourism Council WA members.
- Exemption from liquor license for complimentary service of alcohol including in national parks and DBCA-managed areas.
- Meet standards for DBCA licences of 1 year or longer in nationals parks and protected areas.
- Access to the Tourism Toolbox which includes resources for tourism businesses to review and improve their environmental practices.
- Eligible to enter key categories in the WA Tourism Business Awards.