This workshop is suitable for new or aspiring guides, or existing guides wanting to brush up their skills. It is suited to full-time, part-time, casual or volunteer guides in a range of diversified working environments.
Learn to be a tour guide from the experts! This one-day course conveys the basic principles of guiding in a fun and supportive environment.
Through interactive activities, role plays and presentations, the workshop will cover such topics as:
- Logistics of running a tour
- Developing and delivering quality narrative
- How to engage your audience
- Duty of care
- Risk management
- Starting your own small touring business
- The importance of marketing
- Designing and pricing a tour
- What it takes to be a tour guide, and more!
Participants will receive a workbook and Certificate of Completion.
To register for an upcoming Tour Guide Training workshop, click here.
If you would like to arrange a workshop for your business or destination contact Tourism Council WA on 9416 0700.