Nominations for the 2021 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards business categories are now open!
The Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards recognises businesses, individuals and destinations for their commitment to excellence, providing a platform to review achievements and innovation, and an opportunity to raise their profile among the industry and consumers.
Message from the Tourism Minister
The McGowan Government, through Tourism Western Australia, is proud to sponsor the 2021 Perth Airport Western Australian Tourism Awards.
Hosted by Tourism Council Western Australia, the awards recognise the commitment to excellence of businesses, local governments and individuals working in our State's tourism industry.
The past year has presented significant challenges for the tourism industry, however, it has also showcased the resilience and strength of tourism businesses and operators throughout Western Australia (WA).
Tourism makes a significant contribution to our economy. Now more than ever, it is important we celebrate the people and products that will help rebuild the industry and continue to deliver our State's unique tourism experiences.
These awards reflect the wide range of sectors that make up our industry from tourism attractions, accommodation and restaurants, to events, tourism retailers and tour and transport operators.
I encourage interested people to nominate for the awards and receive recognition for the quality tourism products WA delivers.
Winners in selected award categories will be acknowledged nationally by representing our State at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
I wish all nominees the best of luck and look forward to celebrating the winners and our industry later this year.
HON DAVID TEMPLEMAN MLA
MINISTER FOR TOURISM
Benefits of Entering the WA Tourism Awards
The Perth Airport Western Australian Tourism Awards, presented by Tourism Council WA, have been recognising and rewarding business excellence, innovation and professionalism in tourism for 49 years. Entrants receive support throughout the process alongside a range of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to review business goals and record successes
- Raise your profile by receiving public recognition of your achievements
- Ensure business growth and development
- Benchmark against industry competitors
- Examine the productivity of marketing activities
- The opportunity to represent Western Australia at the Australian Tourism Awards.
Changes have been made to the 2021 program to reflect the events of the past year, accommodate for the absence of the 2020 program, and recognise business resilience in the face of a global pandemic.
- Nominations open - Monday, March 8
- Nominations close - Tuesday, May 11
- Submissions due - Tuesday, July 27
- Finals Fever event (announcement of finalists) - Thursday, September 23
- Gala Dinner (announcement of winners) - Saturday, November 13