Nominations for the 2024 program are now open.
The Individual Categories in the Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards recognise individual excellence of those employed in the WA tourism industry.
There are four categories in the Individual Awards program:
FACET GOLDEN GUIDE AWARD
This category recognises the significant contribution quality tour guides make in providing memorable experiences to visitors through interpretation of the natural and cultural environment in a responsible manner. Eligibility includes tour guides and coach captains working in the natural, cultural and heritage environments, in either a paid or volunteer capacity.
INDIVIDUAL EXCELLENCE IN ABORIGINAL TOURISM
This Award is for an individual who demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in Aboriginal tourism through storytelling, culture sharing and the development of Aboriginal tourism businesses and the broader industry.
INDIVIDUAL EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
This Award is for an individual who demonstrates outstanding, high-quality, personable customer service in the course of their employment in the WA tourism industry.
SIR DAVID BRAND YOUNG ACHIEVER MEDAL
This medal is awarded to a person under the age of 30 working in the tourism industry. The winner will demonstrate an ongoing contribution to the positive image of tourism in WA.
- Nominations open - Thursday, 30 November 2023
- Nominations close - Thursday, 22 February 2024
- Submissions due - Thursday, 26 March 2024
- Finalist interviews - 20 - 22 May 2024
- Winners announced - Tuesday, 11 June 2024
- Nominations are accepted from any party except the nominee. A reference letter is required as part of the nomination process.
- The nominee must be an employee of an accredited Tourism Council WA member.
- The submission should focus on activities which took place in the 2023 calendar year.
- There is a non-refundable entry fee of $100 plus GST to enter each category.
- For Accredited businesses, visit the Quality Tourism Framework and log into your existing account. If you do not have an account, please send us an email.
- Scroll down to the "Apply For..." section and select "Awards". A new window will open.
- Select your business to nominate, your State, and Region from the drop down options. Click Next button when all questions have been answered.
- Select which category you would like to enter and click Next.
- Fill out the details for the nominated person and click Next.
- Review the details, click Pay Now and follow the prompts. Payment can be made via credit card at the time of nomination, or an invoice can be issued for later payment.
- Once your nomination has been completed, TCWA will contact you with further information to complete your submission.
For any Awards queries, please call (08) 9416 0700 or email email@example.com