Nominations for the 2022 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards Individual Categories have closed.
The Individual Categories in the Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards recognise individual excellence of those employed in the WA tourism industry. There are four categories in the 2022 Individual Awards program:
INDIVIDUAL EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
This Award is for an individual who demonstrates outstanding, high-quality, personable customer service in the course of their employment in the WA tourism industry.
INDIVIDUAL EXCELLENCE IN ABORIGINAL TOURISM
This Award is for an individual who demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in Aboriginal tourism through storytelling, culture sharing and the development of Aboriginal tourism businesses and the broader industry.
SIR DAVID BRAND YOUNG ACHIEVER MEDAL
This medal is awarded to a person under the age of 30 working in the tourism industry. The winner will demonstrate an ongoing contribution to the positive image of tourism in WA.
FACET GOLDEN GUIDE AWARD
This category recognises the significant contribution quality tour guides make in providing memorable experiences to visitors through interpretation of the natural and cultural environment in a responsible manner.
Eligibility includes tour guides and coach captains working in the natural, cultural and heritage environments, in either a paid or volunteer capacity.
- Nominations open - Thursday, 24 February 2022
- Nominations close - Tuesday, 29 March 2022
- Submissions due - Tuesday, 03 May 2022
- Finalist interviews - 31 May & 1 June 2022
- Winners announced - Wednesday, 22 June 2022
- Nominations are accepted from any party except the nominee. A reference letter is required as part of the nomination process.
- The nominee must be an employee of a Tourism Council WA member.
- There is an entry fee of $95 to enter each category.
How to Nominate
- For Accredited businesses, visit the Quality Tourism Framework and log into your existing account. If you do not have an account, please send us an email.
- Scroll down to the "Apply For..." section and select "Awards". A new window will open.
- Select your business to nominate, your State, and Region from the drop down options. Click Next button when all questions have been answered.
- Select which category you would like to enter and click Next.
- Fill out the details for the nominated person and click Next.
- Review the details, click Pay Now and follow the prompts. Payment can be made via credit card at the time of nomination, or an invoice can be issued for later payment.