Star Ratings are an internationally recognised symbol for quality accommodation standards. They are used in more than 70 countries worldwide and reflect the cleanliness, quality and condition of guest facilities.
A Star Rating is determined by more than 200 criteria that have been ranked by Australian travellers according to what's important to them. The rating is independently verified ensuring customers can have confidence in the rating assigned to each property.
Star Ratings Standards
- A Star Rating represents the quality, condition and cleanliness of guest facilities at the time of an independent property review.
- Star Ratings are a mark of quality: if a property has a 1 Star Rating, you can be assured that the property has met the standards expected of a quality 1 Star property; if a property has a 5 Star Rating, it has met the standards expected of a quality 5 Star property.
- Star Ratings are your safeguard against 'self-ratings' - properties who have assessed their own quality standards. They are awarded to six distinct accommodation categories: Hotels, Motels, Serviced Apartments, Hosted Accommodation, Caravan-Holiday Parks and Self Catering properties.
Star Ratings Benefits
- The Stars are one of the most widely recognised and trusted symbols of quality accommodation standards in the world, displaying your Star Rating logo will make you more visible to travellers.
- Manage your reputation from a free online dashboard of guest reviews across starratings.com.au, all the major OTAs, review sites and social media platforms to monitor guest perceptions.
- It makes you one of Australia's most reputable accommodation: accommodation is at the heart of any destination experience and by displaying your Star Rating you are demonstrating you have been independently reviewed against accepted Australian standards.
- It helps realise the full potential of your asset: maintaining quality standards according to industry best practices is a way of being your very best.
How to Apply
To be assessed contact Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or via email, and a Membership Officer will contact you to assist you through the Star Ratings Program.